Monday, July 27, 2015

And, I'm back! {Quick Recap}

So....I accidentally took a 2 year break! (insert embarrassed emoji here)

It was totally unintentional, but life got a little crazy. When I started this blog, I had a very flexible job as an activities coordinator at a retirement home. I absolutely loved it! The hours were great, the people were the sweetest, my bosses were the best, and I honestly enjoyed what I did. However, it left me with a lot of free time, the pay wasn't what I expected, and my nutrition degree wasn't being utilized. After searching for a job for two and a half years in two different cities, I took whatever I could get and was just thankful they hired me! With that said, I needed something to do in my free time and began exploring other opportunities...that is how The Orderly Home came to be. 

While I was working at the retirement home, a job opportunity became available and I decided to interview for it. The only problem was the 1.5 hour daily commute. I was at the point where I needed job experience in my field, and if that meant leaving my house at 7:30 and not getting back home until 6:30, then it was worth it to me. That left me with very little free time and the time I did have, I was very selfish with. I wanted to spend it with my family and friends and recovering from a tiring work week. So, The Orderly Home fell to the wayside and life moved on. 

1 year and 8 months later, we sold our house, quit our jobs, relocated for my husband's new job, decided to build a home, and most importantly...


 this little stinker joined our family!


Although I would still love to be a professional organizer someday, that isn't my ultimate goal anymore. Organizing is a hobby of mine and it would make me so happy to be able to inspire others with the same interests or those looking to gain control over their clutter. If no one finds this blog interesting or helpful, then that's fine as well. I'm starting back up because I miss this little blog community and finally feel like I have some time to dedicate to it. Things will probably be a little slow around here for a while, but I want to document our build so be on the lookout for that. I can't wait to get moved in and explore every little nook and cranny!

In the meantime, you can follow my "build" Pinterest board to see what direct we're headed in. 

No comments: