Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quick Tip

Early this week, I was not looking forward to going home after work because I knew that the sink was overflowing with dishes, the carpet in the living room needed to be vacuumed, clothes needed to be washed, and our cat’s hair balls needed to be cleaned up….TMI? Just trying to keep it real.



I told myself I would set a 30-minute timer on my phone, turn on Pandora, and work really hard until the timer went off, and then I would stop and do the rest later. I couldn’t believe how much I ended up getting done! Here is everything I accomplished:

·      Unloaded the dishwasher
·      Loaded the dishwasher
·      Cleaned the sink
·      Wiped down the countertops
·      Started a load of laundry
·      Vacuumed the living room floor
·      Water my outdoor plants
·      Picked up all the clutter in the main living area
·      Quickly organized the pantry

That’s a lot of stuff! Knowing that timer was going was good motivation! And the funny thing is that I didn’t want to stop once the 30 minutes was up.

The next time you’re feeling overwhelmed with messes, set a timer and get busy! I set mine for thirty minutes because I knew there was a lot to take care of, but ten minutes here and there will get you get caught up on your “chores” and help maintain the organization that you worked so hard to achieve.


*I will be posting Section 3 of our organized kitchen in a couple of weeks. I'm waiting until we go to the Dallas area so I can pick up some storage containers from Ikea. I may try and tackle the garage this weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments: