Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Orderly Home

Since finding out there was such a thing as a Certified Professional Organizer, I haven't been able to get the idea out of my head. Having things organized makes my life easier, and I love the possibility of being able to help others get their things in order. I'm not saying everything I own is in perfect order. If you were to walk through my house, there would areas I would be embarrassed to show you. Think Monica Geller's secret closet! It's a trial-and-error process. I have to find what works for us, our lifestyle, and our budget. 


These are the eligibility requirements to sit for the Certified Professional Organizer exam straight from The Board of Certification for Professional Organizers' website:

To be eligible to sit for the CPO® examination, a candidate must meet the following eligibility requirements. BCPO® is required to audit a certain percentage of all applications. In the event of an audit, the candidate must be prepared to provide supporting documentation for these requirements.
  1. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
  2. As a part of the application process, candidates must agree to adhere to the Code of Ethics for Certified Professional Organizers.
  3. Candidates must be prepared to document a total of 1,500 hours of paid work experience in the last three (3) years. This paid work experience may include but is not limited to on-site organizing, coaching, consulting, training, virtual organizing, interactive workshops and speaking engagements, which, through client collaboration, transfers, teaches or demonstrates organizing skills.
So it looks like I will be working on getting 1,500 hours of paid work experience. Wish me luck!

I started this blog, The Orderly Home, to kickstart my journey to becoming a Certified Professional Organizer. I will be posting ideas, my projects, and anything else that pertains to organization. If you know of anyone who need help in the organization department, send them my way!

2 comments:

april said...

It is funny I just seen the Friends episode today with Monica's secret closet. I am excited to follow your blog. I wish you luck in getting your certification. I look forward to reading future posts

Unknown said...

LOVE that episode! Thanks for following :)