Monday, November 9, 2015

Simple DIY Thank You Gift

Happy November y’all! People are really starting to freak me out with this whole “there are only 6 weekends until Christmas” thing. Excuse me…WHAT!? How is that even possible?
So, it finally feels like things are really happening at our house! The sheetrock is done, the walls are primed and painted, the floors are going in as we speak, and the trim and doors should be going in soon. Dare I say that we are in the home stretch!?
Today, I am sharing a simple thank you gift that is perfect for any occasion. I created it specifically as a baby shower favor, but you could use it for anything (teacher or hostess gift, for example). People in my life are going to get sick of receiving these cute little lip balm printables, but I can’t help it…they are just too cute and couldn’t be any easier to put together.


And, I wanted complete the favor with a homemade salted caramel chocolate chip cookie and some yummy smelling hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works. Aren’t you loving their new bottle design?!


For those of you that don’t want to create your own version, I have listed a couple of options in my etsy shop that you can instantly download. If you want to save a couple of bucks, you can easily make you own. I used PowerPoint because that’s the only thing I know how to use to make printables (weird, I know). Also, if you are looking for a specific holiday or occasion, there are lots of cute free printables out there. Just google “free eos printable”. There are several customizable options on etsy…I just couldn’t find one that was exactly what I was looking for, so I created my my own.
After you have it printed out and cut down to size, you use a 1.5 inch circle punch to create the opening for the lip balm. Then unscrew the balm, center the bottom half under the punched out hole, and screw the lid back on to secure the paper.
I love how easily you can change it up based on what color of lip balm you purchase or how you package it. I ended up placing mine in white gable boxes to make it easy for people to grab on their way out.



If you are looking for a quick and easy thank you gift, then these are a perfect option. I couldn’t be more thrilled with the way they turned out!

No comments: