Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bathroom Cabinet Organization

This cabinet used to be organized, but then I stole the basket that was holding all this junk because it was the perfect size for our guest bathroom. And since people see our guest bathroom more than our master bathroom, my cabinet ended up looking like this.


My husband has his own cabinet which I hope to get my hands on soon!

The first step I take when organizing a space is to clear everything out and give the area a good cleaning. In the case, I placed everything on the countertop and wiped out the cabinet with a microfiber cloth.



Truth: I can be such a slob sometiems!

I found these bomb.com containers at Dollar General for $1 a piece. 



 FYI, they had a ton of blue ones, but I had to go to two different stores to find enough of the green bins. I forgot to measure beforehand, but three columns ended up being the perfect fit.

 Here is the label for anyone who is interested in getting some. 


Also, some similar ones that I found on Amazon (click here) that had good reviews. They are clear and come in a package of 8 and are a great option if you aren't able to find these.

Next, I went through all of my stuff and got rid of anything I didn't need. Then I began filling up bins with similar items.


Here is a closer view of each bin.


The middle bin is where I am storing all my jewelry. I rarely wear any besides my engagement ring and wedding band and occasionally a James Avery necklace, but the jewelry I do own is stored in a tackle box. I used a command hook in the back of the bin to hang a couple of watches and a bracelet.

This setup is working perfectly for me. I love that each bin is open so I can just reach in and grab whatever I need. I store my travel bags behind the bins so that it isn't wasted space. 

Anyone else get organizational supplies from the dollar store? It's one of my favorite spots to look and I was pleasantly surprised to find these bins in such a cute color!



13 comments:

Life at Still Woods said...

Hi Kristen,
I am all about organization too! I like the bins you incorporated in the large space under a cabinet. So much of that space is wasted without the use of the bins. I am on the way to the Dollar Store to pick up some bins for my bathroom. I am a new follower of your blog! I would love for you to visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse and follow my little blog. Can't wait to see your other ideas.
Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

Unknown said...

Love this idea! I'm forever looking for storage solutions, thinking I might need to pick up some bins for under my bathroom sink.
Thanks for the idea!

Selene @ Restoration Beauty said...

It looks awesome!! I am so going to get me some of these next time!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I figured dollar general would have something like this, but I didn't expect them to have such cute colors.

Anonymous said...

Awesome word...Love this post! Very insightful, I look forward to more on these topics.I hope all enjoyed here like me.Keep it up.

Bathroom Cabinets Home Design Plus, www.homedesignplus.com.au

Diana said...

Love those bins! Those would be perfect under the kitchen sink too. I definitely want to see if our DG has any!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! I will be taking a look for those bins at the local dollar stores....

Anonymous said...

Have a very good master bathroom blog. I really appreciate you for this good work keeps it up. You can also find a very good blog at prodigg asia pacific

Anonymous said...

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to say THANK you for posting the sticker on these bins. That is sooooo helpful! They sell these on amazon still. They cost more, but still.....Thanks, again!

5000 Kitchen said...

Nice Post, Informative blog, Thanks for Sharing. kitchen is a very integral part of every home. We are cabinet makers in Barrington have rich experience in modern kitchen cabinets, custom kitchen cabinets, vanity cabinets, kitchen wall cabinets, kitchen pantry cabinet in Barrington. We have full confidence to meet your special request for any material to finish.We also supply high-quality cabinet Material to meet your different grade project needs.With competitive rates and high-quality standard, we built stable Cabinets with the use of Latest & Trending Technologies. Our strength and continued success lies in our ability to finish special and complicated joinery works and has resulted in repeat business as well as recommendations.
kitchen cabinets Barrington
kitchen cabinet doors
vanity cabinets
black kitchen cabinets
kitchen storage cabinets Barrington
ready made kitchen cabinets
kitchen cupboard designs

Fine Kitchen Cabinet said...

nice post
rta cabinets

Kate Johnson said...

You can choose trendy accent pieces which can easily be replaced to update the look of a room, but furniture that's neutrally coloured and has great lines can help it last for a long time. Easily Shop Online cloakroom basin vanity units

Anonymous said...

Because of the current economic climate, many homeowners in Britain are now called upon to spend time working to meet the ends; often tired and stressed at the end of the day. As we all know, stress is a severe condition that can lead to standards that can make people extremely ill. This has led to a growing demand for solutions that will ultimately help people de-stress. 1800mm Bath has been created for this purpose with the combination of a steam shower. Get More Informtion 1800mm bath